Saturday, September 17, 2016

Review News

The last month has been awesome! I've begun working for Slice of Scifi, http://www.sliceofscifi.com/in case you haven't seen any of my reviews, and their sister site, popculture geeks, http://www.popculturegeeks.com/. 

I've also begun working on their review site for books, http://www.writersafterdark.com/.
This has been a fantastic opportunity for me to write more and to build up a writing resume.  Not only that, but I think this group is awesome. They are all hard working and the content is both informative and interesting.  Even if my reviews weren't on there, I would recommend them, especially if you have movies, books or television you might be interested in, they can tell you more about whether you might want to see it or read it.

I hope you will check out my reviews because I think I'm doing a great job and I think it's some of my best writing. Certainly, I've gotten some feedback that it's well done and been enjoyed so that's exciting.  I know I have many more reviews coming out so all good there.

In other news, I'm once again coordinating the Free Fiction Writer's Workshop for Desert Rose Chapter of RWA, located at the Scottsdale Civic Center on November 5th from 10:30-4:45. If you are a writer, this is the perfect opportunity to learn and if you are a reader, we have many of our presenters who will be putting on a book signing between presentations.

I also will be working hard on my fiction writing. My next job is homework, reading short stories and working on building characterization.  Every thing I learn helps me be a better writer.

~“That’s the magic of revisions – every cut is necessary, and every cut hurts, but something new always grows.”
Kelly Barnhill

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment