Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Character development

Wow!  It's been a while.  Can I just say that work has been super busy and this is my only excuse?  Well, that and lots of exciting stuff on tv.  On to more interesting tidbits of my life, although not that exciting since work has been ever present.
   I am taking a few days off work to....work on writing.  Heh...you know you are a writer when that really is all you want to do.  I need to edit two works in progress.  I'm excited about both stories but I need more research and I do need to dig out a lot of repetition and tighten up the stories in general.  Then the story I am currently writing needs the characters fleshed out.  I am hoping by writing up the background details that will enable me to have them jump off the page more.  If that doesn't work, I may scrap it entirely and start over, just using the bits that might be salvageable.  Last, I need to plan and set up for November.   I have an original story that I think would make an incredibly interesting romance paranormal story.  I wrote a scene out of it as a short story but that is all I've done.  It involves shadows and smoke.  That's all anyone gets for now.  In any case, lots of work to do and I am excited to begin.  But first the mundane task of taking the car to get an oil change....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment