Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Drabbles of writing: Shadow Bane

So my characters are very busy and I am a very happy writer.  Even though I have had limited time to write, every bit of it has been productive, words leaping off the page.  I love my characters, love their interactions with each other.  Soon I will have to make them interact with others as well.  I love that I seem to have finally gotten a bit better at pacing or at least at creating more tension between sections.  Now for those of you who would like to hear a bit of story, I will throw some lines in that I like.



Ebon:
But how am I to show you a grand time if I cannot be myself?”

Aiden:
Be yourself, just quieter.”

Aiden:
How about you, do you like art?”

Ebon:
"I love art and I have a distressing tendency for it to end up in my possession.”

 Aiden:
Huh. What happened to the mischievous brat who stalked me for the last few days? I didn't imagine you'd really be into this as much as you are.”

Ebon:
I guess there's a lot you still need to learn just as I'm sure there's a lot I'll learn about you."
 
 ~Off to sleep and come up with more ways to torture my characters.  I think I made one of my characters scream at the end of the chapter.  I can't wait to find out what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment